{
“Command”: “XType”,
“Target”: “${text}”,
“Value”: “”
}
]
}

Blockquote

The XType command doesn’t properly type the text (it types nothing at all actually). I’m using OCRExtract because the variable doesn’t change much (0.7 is the scanner % and works fine). Here’s the photo:
capt

What am I doing wrong? Thank you!

The first step is to check if OCRExtract works ok.

• What is the value of ${text}?

If OCRExtract fails, then the next tests are:

• If you test OCRExtract command with the FIND button, does it work then?

If this also fails, then please provide the OCRExtract input image that you are using, plus a screenshot of the website where the “value to be extracted” is.

Thank you for your response!

The value of text:
I’m inserting the photo (shown below) into the OCRExtract, and the value of text is what it OCRs.

To my knowledge:

OCRExtract | (Image of text you want to extract) | (Variable where you want to place the text)

in which I put

OCRExtract | Image | text, with text as my variable.

So by doing XType | ${text}, I’m typing in what I have OCR’d. Is this how it works? How can I test whether or not if it receives the proper value?

And secondly, the find button works fine - it can find the image with about 0.7, of what I want to extract.

(Sample of Screen)

(What I’m OCRing)

Thank you for your help!

So, I tried using echo… and apparently it doesn’t save properly onto the variable is what I’m seeing from OCRExtract, although when I click find on OCRExtract… it works fine and can locate it. I’m using Firefox if that helps.

Side note - How does OCRExtract work if there are multiple instances of the image to be OCR’d in the same image?

Better use relative Extraction with OCRExtractRelative. Use an input image like this:

gettext_dpi_120_relative

It finds the green area and uses the pink area as input for OCR.

I tried using it before - It had the same problem, the OCRExtractRelative wouldn’t pick up anything - even though when I click Find, it works.
I added echo (This is ${text}) and nothing appears:

• [status]

Playing macro 0 test

• [info]

Executing: | XClick | 500, 700 | |

• [info]

Executing: | OCRExtract | CaptchaR_dpi_120.png | text |

• [info]

OCR (eng) started (1.0 KB)

• [info]

OCR result received (0.5s)

• [info]

Executing: | XClick | 500, 700 | |

• [info]

Executing: | XType | ${text} | |

• [info]

Executing: | echo | This is ${text} | |

• [echo]

This is

• [info]

Macro completed (Runtime 6.05s)

In your log file I see only OCRExtract but it should be OCRExtractRelative - otherwise the green and pink box are not detected by Kantu.

I’m using OCRExtract - There’s no pink and green boxes posted up above in my picture. Please look at my second post - thank you

Ok, but you should use OCRExtractRelative - just as @ulrich suggested. It makes the image finding and text extracting more reliable.

I’ve used it before - still, the problem persists. Is there something wrong inherently within my code? I can switch back, but that doesn’t solve my issue of it not working here. What seems to be the problem with my code? I don’t think it’s an issue of image finding or text extracting because they seem to work fine when I use find, as well as the log says it can accurately find it; the problem is, nothing appears when I use echo, meaning that it’s not extracting anything.

Can we test this on a public website? Then I can make a short screencast to show how it works.

Sure, it doesn’t really matter, I just need to know how it works, if there’s a simple of example of it extracting a text, it could even be on this forum page! That would really help,

Would appreciate it sometime soon, I honestly think I’m just doing something really simple wrong :frowning:

If you just need a demo on any page, have a look at DemoPDFTest_with_OCR (it ships with Kantu) and shows the use of OCRExtractRelative.

If you can share a link to the website you need it working on, I can do a demo on this specific page.

Do you happen to have discord (it’s a messaging platform, that I would like to extract something from, and that’s where the website is - you need an account though)? I have looked at it and I’ve tried to copy it, I just dont really see where I went wrong with my code to be honest :frowning: If you could get it - add Test00#0619, otherwise from what you can see, I can switch the code to use relative with green and pink boxes, I just don’t understand what I did wrong basically, or why it isn’t copying