Kantu keeps stopping at the same target

Hi there,

I am having a very strange problem I can not figure out. I wrote a full script (see below) but Kantu keeps stopping at the following target “/html/body/p” every time. But when I then press “Execute this command” or “Run from here” it continues until the next “/html/body/p” and so on and on and on.

It opens a link and is supposed to paste text into a java script frame and then press the save button what opens the next question, so Kantu pastes the answer again and presses save and so on until all questions have been answered.

Sometimes it works what is the strange thing and then next time (99% of the times) it does not.

It’s hard to explain, hope someone can maybe start with given information to work towards a solution together with me. Thanks a lot already for any help and advice!

The website where I am running the macro needs a user login which I don’t really want to post public here. I understand that makes the issue not easier.

Its a table/frame with the following ID: //*[@id=“pnAssessment”]

These are 2 steps, the entire macro has over 50 which keep repeating like this.

{
  "Command": "selectFrame",
  "Target": "index=0",
  "Value": ""
},
{
  "Command": "click",
  "Target": "/html/body/p",
},
{
  "Command": "editContent",
  "Target": "/html/body",
  "Value": "MY ENTERED TEXT HERE​"
},
{
  "Target": "relative=top",
},
{
  "Command": "clickAndWait",
  "Target": "id=btnSave2",
},
{
  "Target": "index=0",
},
{
  "Command": "click",
  "Target": "/html/body/p",
},
{
  "Command": "editContent",
  "Target": "/html/body",
  "Value": "MY ENTERED TEXT HERE"
},
{
  "Target": "relative=top",
},
{
  "Command": "clickAndWait",
  "Target": "id=btnSave2",
},

Can you please share the URL of the website so that we can run the test macro? If you do not want to post it in a public forum, you can email this info us - just mention this forum post as reference.

Hi,

thanks for the reply. I did sent an email containing the login details for this website along with referencing this post.

Looking forward to a reply.

Thanks, Felix

Can you please resend the message? It seems we have not received any email that refers to this post yet.

Not a problem, I just sent another email. (Have sent 4 in total now) Any help / solution would be much appreciated.

Very strange… still no email. Can you use the contact form instead? Maybe the email get caught in our spam filter. Once I have your email, I can reply, and then you can attach files, if needed.

Hi, thank you for your response.

I have tried the contact form and used 2 different email addresses. I will try once more using the contact form or if you like you can contact me via whstraining@hotmail.com

Thanks a lot.