Video demonstration of doing an automatic screenshot and a user question

Hello. I’m new here and to Kantu.

After what felt like a really long time I managed to do something simple: take a screenshot.
see below for code and demo.

What I REALLY want to do is to load a list of URLs and get a sceenshot AND name the screenshot automatically with the name of the target URL.

Any code or tips on how to load a list of URLs and get a sceenshot AND name the screenshot automatically with the name of the target URL.

A URL pointing to tutorial or sample code would be great!

here’s the code:
{
“CreationDate”: “2018-10-2”,
“Commands”: [
{
“Command”: “open”,
“Target”: “https://a9t9.com/”,
“Value”: “”
},
{
“Command”: “clickAndWait”,
“Target”: “link=Web Testing@POS=2”,
},
{
“Command”: “captureScreenshot”,
“Target”: “testasetasetaetart”,
}
]
}

here’s the video

1 Like

Hi, that is a nice screencast!

Here is a demo macro that does exactly that :wink: Load URLs from CSV and use the URL also as screenshot names

The “trick” so to speak is to remove the cryptic chars from the URL, so that it can be used as file name storeEval | var string = \"${!col1}\"; var stripped = string.replace(/[^A-Za-z0-9]/g, ''); stripped; (for more details see the link above)

I went ahead and did a demo video of same. Here it is.

Hope it helps someone AND inspires the Kantu folks to do more demo videos. Your application is very complex and powerful and more demonstrations of the Kantu application in action would help a lot!

It’s called Kantu but I feel more like KanNot! :confused:

Oh, and one of the screengrabs failed.
And
There does not appear to be an easy way to download all screenshots at once… is there an easy way to get all screenshots saved in one go?

thank you
Dennis

Thanks for the nice screencast! They are very useful and I agree we should do more. It is always the issue of time, and that is why it is great to see that users are doing them, too.

You can export them right in your macro by adding the localStorageExport command:

LocalStorageExport | myScreenshot.png | #DeleteAfterExport

This macro writes them to the Chrome/Firefox download folder - that is the only folder a browser extension can write to.