[Reproducer Required] [bug] xFile is not installed yet

So now I can’t run scheduled scripts.
Kantu is getting more and more fun (not).

I’m updating my list.

To predict the question. I have reinstalled xModules. Didn’t help.
And this error doesn’t show up if I run scripts manually.

This is a good hint. XModules are installed for the user (like Chrome). So do you run Kantu under the same user account that you use manually?

Yes. And I was running scheduled scripts successfully until recently (few days I believe).

Ouch. This is strange then. There was no Kantu update the last days.

How do you schedule the scripts? task scheduler?

I know :smile:

Ahha. Win 8.1 x64 Chrome 70.0.3538.102 x64

BTW I do not use Chrome for anything except Kantu. It’s my guinea pig for it if you will.

I have launched several times from the task scheduler receiving this error.
Once I launched html from folder and the error did not show up.
Now it doesn’t show up when I run from scheduler as well.
But I know for a fact it will show up again sometime soon (today is not the first day).

Kantu is more & more like a Flying Dutchman to me.

Guys you really need to make a tool for debugging this beast.

Aaaand… it’s back. LOL. :laughing:

We just fixed a maybe related issue for the command line (sometimes settings are not loaded in time). There is a good chance that this also fixes this issue. Please report back after the next upgrade.

The beta channel will be updated tomorrow already, and the production version probably next week.

I agree about the need for a debug log option.

Beta Updated. Thanks guys?!

XModules Status: Free Edition
Only the first 10 files displayed.
Upgrade to PRO to add more.

This limit applies only the XModules direct file access. In the standard HTML5 storage mode, Kantu continues to support unlimited macros and testsuites.

Thanks for testing the beta. Please let me know if you continue to see the error with the new version - I hope not :wink:

I see new ones. When I open script exactly five (5) windows of Kantu open up.
I close all of them. Reload the page with kantu test suite. And again 5 windows of Kantu.
It was like that until I restarted the browser.
But after restart xFile appeared again. Sad day. (

And a new one:

Boy this is fun! :grin:

My guess. Something in Kantu loads ahead of the time and boom… there goes an error of any kind.

Thanks for the feedback. We will be testing this further.

How do you call the command line? From a batch file, powershell, task scheduler… ?

Windows task scheduler.

I can confirm that this error occurred for me after I installed XModules, changed the home folder location to C:\User\USERNAME\Documents\Kantu, and clicked ‘Test it’.

However, after closing Kantu and re-opening, Test it doesn’t report an error. I should add that I also copied the sub-folders to the new location, too (datasources, images, macros etc.)

I’ve not actually tested the module yet (I’m a new user).