Possibility to get the results per line?

Hi all, I’ve used Tesseract in the past but the results were a bit underwhelming. Now I have used the OCR space engine, and I must say I’m impressed. The one things that bothers me is that it spits back the results as one big text, while Tesseract gave back the results per line. Is is possible to do this with the free OCR engine?

Perfect timing - this will be possible with our next system update. If all goes well, it will be available next week already.

That is absolutely awesome to hear. I will wait it out, thanks for the reply!

If you could update this post when it’s live, that would be great!

The feature is live now. To enable the “line by line” one column mode with OCR.space you can use the new isTable=true parameter.

If you test your documents with the online OCR on the front page, check the new “Do receipt scanning and/or table recognition” box. This sets isTable=true when it calls the API.

Thank you for this feature and looking forward to using it. I’m using UI vision chrome extension but I’m having trouble on how to extract the ocr’d table into a csv file or loop through line by line. The OCRExtract successfully returns the table contents but it puts it into a single variable with linebreaks (i.e. Row1\r\nRow2) in them. What is the best way to convert the contents of this variable into a csv file (or a row-by-row processing) so it can be easily used in another step? Any example would be great since the documentation doesn’t specify the best way to loop through line-by-line the table results. Thank you!