No Home, End, and Insert keys?

In XType, can it really be true there is no simulation of the Home, End, and Insert keys? They’re not listed on the doc page and I tried ${KEY_HOME} and got the error message “variable KEY_HOME is not defined”.

I’ve had to simulate Home with multiple Ctrl-Lefts, but that won’t work in all cases.

For that Ctrl-Left workaround, is there a way to send a sequence of repeated keystrokes? Right now, my Home simulation consists of five XType commands, each with a target of five ${KEY_CTRL+KEY_LEFT}s. Not very elegant!

Indeed, Home , End , and Insert keys are not yet supported by XType, but I added it to our todo list for the next XModule updates now. Thanks again for your hint.

1 Like

+1
Really need KEY_HOME to set the element to initial state. Otherwise I have to hit KEY_UP a hundred times in my case.

Thanks for your “vote” for this feature. The “missing keys” are on our todo list and will be available in the near future :slight_smile:

Hello, I’m checking to see if there is an update on this feature request. I’m a new Pro user and missing these keys creates real difficulties.

I totally agree. We plan to have a new update that includes these keys in a few weeks.

1 Like

+1 for this feature or is it already live?

Is home key and end key added in ui.vision

Not yet. But we plan to (finally) add it with the next XModule update.

Meanwhile for a workaround please see this VBS Python Sendkey forum post.

2 Likes

any update on this? are they available now?
Thanks

1 Like

Not yet, the next XModule update is delayed. That is why I mention the"Sendkeys" workaround for those that need support for these keystrokes now.

I am locking this thread now. All XType update requests should be discussed here, so we have one place to collect it all:

XType supports KEY_SPACE, KEY_HOME, KEY_END with the new XModule V2020-8.

${KEY_CTRL+KEY_MINUS},
Sir the above key execute but not working, can you give a solution for this problem

@Sumitsngh091 See Xtype - can't emulate plus (+) key - #2 by ulrich

Is it possible to use scroll up or scroll down through ui.vision.