New Error after Recent Update ([error] no play tab found)

I am fairly new to Kantu, but not to programming in general. I am receiving the following error in my current code.

[error]
no play tab found

The purpose of my code is to scrape some data from specific elements on a webpage and save it to a CSV file. The code that was functioning prior to the update used storeText, While/endWhile, and storeEval. All of these commands are throwing the same above error. If I change storeText and storeEval to just store, the error doesn’t occur. But I’m not sure what to change While/endWhile to to get this code to go through. Frankly, I shouldn’t have to change these to work, anyway. It should function fine, as it did before. Would appreciate any help you can provide. Thank you.

{
“CreationDate”: “2018-8-21”,
“Commands”: [
{
“Command”: “open”,
“Target”: “505 Germania St, Bay City MI owner & property records: phone number, history, price, neighborhood | Homemetry”,
“Value”: “”
},
{
“Command”: “store”,
“Target”: “505_Germania_St”,
“Value”: “Header”
},
{
“Target”: “${Header}”,
“Value”: “!csvline”
},
{
“Command”: “csvSave”,
“Target”: “${Header}_Tenants.csv”,
},
{
“Target”: “1”,
“Value”: “LoopCounter”
},
{
“Command”: “while”,
“Target”: “(${LoopCounter}<=1000)”,
},
{
“Command”: “verifyElementPresent”,
“Target”: “//[@id="main"]/div[5]/div/table/tbody/tr[${LoopCounter}]/td[2]",
},
{
“Command”: “if”,
“Target”: “${!LastCommandOK}”,
},
{
“Target”: "//
[@id="main"]/div[5]/div/table/tbody/tr[${LoopCounter}]/td[2]”,
},
{
},
{
“Command”: “storeEval”,
“Target”: “${LoopCounter}+1”,
},
{
“Command”: “endif”,
“Target”: “”,
},
{
“Command”: “endWhile”,
},
{
“Target”: “1”,
},
{
“Command”: “while”,
“Target”: “(${LoopCounter}<=1000)”,
},
{
“Command”: “verifyElementPresent”,
“Target”: “//[@id="main"]/div[6]/div/table/tbody/tr[${LoopCounter}]/td[1]",
},
{
“Command”: “if”,
“Target”: “${!LastCommandOK}”,
},
{
“Command”: “storeText”,
“Target”: "//
[@id="main"]/div[6]/div/table/tbody/tr[${LoopCounter}]/td[1]”,
},
{
},
{
“Command”: “storeEval”,
“Target”: “${LoopCounter}+1”,
},
{
“Command”: “endif”,
},
{
“Command”: “endWhile”,
}
]
}

I totally agree that you should not have to change your code. The last update was a bug fix update and should not break any macro.

That said, do you get an error with any of the included demo macros? They all work fine for me.

I also tested your macro and it also seems to work fine.

As a test, can you run the same macro in Firefox? Does it work there?

Thank you for your reply. The following day after my post, I ran some demos which worked fine, then re-ran my macro, which worked fine.

Today, after the latest update, I’m getting the same error again. Is there an issue with the updates?

Ah, I think I have an idea what this could be: Please restart your Chrome (or Firefox) browser after an automated update. It could be that this update breaks the existing connection to browser tabs.

(We had two updates today, which is rare and is something we want to avoid… but the IPC fix with V3.1.6 was a complex change and it seems a few smaller issues escaped our own tests).

Does a Chrome restart solve the issue? (Note that you need to close all Chrome instances for a restart)

Fully restarting 2 times helped, thanks.
Now i encountered several times, that focus from work-tab of Kantu is switched to other browser window (not tab, but window, in my case it was google.calendar).
Before it wasn’t a case for chrome (or maybe i didn’t encountered before?) while for FF it was often problem especially if other window has active heavy-scripted pages as social networks, music sites etc.
All that is just for your info, as i cannot say (for now) exact sequence to reproduce.

I also encounter this problem with “[error][ignored]
no play tab found”, it happens at the captureEntirePageScreenshot part! captureEntirePageScreenshot does not work now!

restarting chrome, reinstalling chrome, using vivaldi, latest kantu 3.1.8

no workaround worked!

here is my script:

https://pastebin.com/raw/7YnPGNAQ

1 Like

a9t9 developers please fix this issue I cant use the screenshot function :frowning: