Error - until: ipc of tab to play expired!

I have a macro I’m running just fine on my computer, but I sent it to someone else and they keep getting the following error. [Error] until: ipc of tab to play expired

Most of the time the error message is helpful but I don’t know what this means? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

The error means that Kantu lost the connection to the tab somehow… but I am not sure why. So a question first: If this happens, does it happen with all macros or does “only” this macro no longer work? If so, can you copy the macro code here?

It doesn’t happen with all macros, although I have had it happen before. Typically if I restart Kantu and run a different macro and come back to it it’ll work again but this one that trick didn’t work. Below is the code. It errors out on the first command.

{
“CreationDate”: “2018-6-1”,
“Commands”: [
{
“Command”: “csvRead”,
“Target”: “YT flag.csv”,
“Value”: “”
},
{
“Command”: “while”,
“Target”: “”${!csvReadStatus}" ==“OK”",
},
{
“Command”: “selectWindow”,
“Target”: “tab=open”,
“Value”: “${!COL1}”
},
{
“Command”: “click”,
“Target”: “css=#action-panel-overflow-button > span”,
},
{
“Target”: “css=#action-panel-overflow-menu > li:nth-child(1) > button > span”,
},
{
“Command”: “type”,
“Target”: “id=Z”,
“Value”: “Z”
},
{
“Target”: “id=Z”,
},
{
“Target”: “css=#action-panel-report > div > div.options-renderer-form > ul > li.options-renderer-category.clearfix.options-renderer-category-selected > p > span > select”,
},
{
“Command”: “select”,
“Target”: “css=#action-panel-report > div > div.options-renderer-form > ul > li.options-renderer-category.clearfix.options-renderer-category-selected > p > span > select”,
“Value”: “label=Scams / fraud”
},
{
},
{
“Target”: “css=#action-panel-report > div > div.options-renderer-buttons.clearfix > button.yt-uix-button.yt-uix-button-size-default.yt-uix-button-primary.options-renderer-button-submit > span”,
},
{
“Command”: “storeEval”,
“Target”: “${!csvReadLineNumber}+1”,
“Value”: “!csvReadLineNumber”
},
{
“Target”: “YT flag.csv”,
},
{
“Command”: “endWhile”,
“Target”: “”,
}
]
}

Do you get "[error] until: new tab creates ipc expired!"?

If so, this is because !COL1 probably contains no valid URL, so selectWindow can not open a new tab.

No the exact phrase it uses is: “[error] until: ipc of tab to play expired!”.

Any ideas on this error? Still not sure why the macro works fine on my computer but the second I send it to him it doesn’t work for him.

Sorry, no new ideas yet. The challenge for us is to find a (test) machine where we can see the error and debug it. The guess is that it is some kind of timing/timeout problem… but without debugging the issue it is hard to tell exactly.

So I started getting this error a lot in the last couple days and I figured out something that hopefully might be useful info. Basically I get this error if i try to run it on a blank tab. But if I go to a website, say espn.com or whatever, and then run it on that tab it will play.

Also it only appears to happen on the macros where I’m running a while loop to open new tabs. Is there something wrong with the code I’ve written?

{
“CreationDate”: “2018-6-15”,
“Commands”: [
{
“Target”: “xxxxxx.csv”,
},
{
“Command”: “store”,
“Target”: “true”,
“Value”: “!errorIgnore”
},
{
“Command”: “store”,
“Target”: “false”,
“Value”: “!Waitforvisible”
},
{
“Command”: “while”,
“Target”: “"${!csvReadStatus}" =="OK"”,
},
{
“Command”: “selectWindow”,
“Target”: “tab=open”,
“Value”: “${!COL1}”
},
{
“Command”: “storeEval”,
“Target”: “${!csvReadLineNumber}+1”,
“Value”: “!csvReadLineNumber”
},
{
“Target”: “xxxxxx.csv”,
},
{
“Command”: “endWhile”,
“Target”: “”,
}
]
}

Thanks for the hint. => Please try again with Kantu V3.1.0, released today. This should fix this issue. Does it work for you?

Unfortunately no it’s still happening when I try to run it off a new blank tab, but if I run it from a tab with content it will run.

IPC issues are fixed with Kantu V3.1.6 :grinning: