Embedded Video Problem

Hi, im trying to play an embedded youtube video using kantu, more or less similar to the embedded video on Page Not Found

Therefore, i try recording script to play the video on Page Not Found, but i cannot make it work.The video wont play.

I did try kantu demoiframe and that was not working too. The demo scipt also did not play the video.

Can someone please teach me how to play the embedded video? Thanks.

It seems youtube changed their embedded code, and this breaks demoiframe. But the good news is that there is a better way to click inside iframes: Use XClick (image).

Example screencast (just two commands needed!):

Macro (add your own image):

{
  "Name": "youtube",
  "CreationDate": "2018-12-20",
  "Commands": [
    {
      "Command": "open",
      "Target": "https://a9t9.com/kantu/demo/iframes",
      "Value": ""
    },
    {
      "Command": "click",
      "Target": "//*[@id=\"content\"]/div[2]/div/p[5]",
    },
    {
      "Command": "XClick",
      "Target": "button-image-here.png",
    }
  ]
}

Hi, thanks for the reply, I did as you suggested, i copy the code and make a “youtube_button.png” from screencapture. (use mspaint to crop the image). Load the youtube_button,png file in visual tab, and click the addname to target box. Save it and play.

The macro play just fine, but nothing happened. Xclick seems able to find the play button, but the video is not playing.

This is the youtube_button.png:
youtube%20button

Source code:
{
“Name”: “topediframetester”,
“CreationDate”: “2018-12-20”,
“Commands”: [
{
“Command”: “open”,
“Target”: “Page Not Found”,
“Value”: “”
},
{
“Command”: “click”,
“Target”: "//[@id="content"]/div[2]/div/p[5]",
},
{
“Command”: “XClick”,
“Target”: “youtube_button.png”,
}
]
}
Log:
[status]Playing macro topediframetester
[info]Executing: | open | Page Not Found | |
[info]Executing: | click | //
[@id=“content”]/div[2]/div/p[5] | |
[info]Executing: | XClick | youtube_button.png | |
[info]Macro completed (Runtime 7.15s)

As a test, does your DemoXClick macro work ok?

Hi, i try DemoXClick macro on my home PC and its working! I try my code and its working too! So, i think my office laptop got issue with Xclick. Gonna check it tomorrow.

Thanks very much for your advice. :slight_smile:

Hi! If you find out why XClick is not working on your office PC we would be very interested to know :slight_smile:
Maybe some security software blocks the mouse automation?

If your office “PC” is a Mac, then please see the required accessibility settings.

i see you include new iframe_xclick demo for the update :wink:

I can confirm that the problem is on my laptop, so i reinstall chrome and kantu on my laptop and the new iframe_xclick demo work like a charm! Btw, both my pc and laptop is windows.

I found a very strange issue, when i select image for xclick, it capture wrong area. Please check screenshot below

My intention is to select the play button, but the recorded image is somewhere off. As you can see, the captured image is a bit offset from the selected area (in my case is always a bit bottom right).

I have uninstalled kantu, xmodule and chrome, and reboot. Then i just install chrome and kantu, but the problem still persist. I have not install xmodule yet, so its not xmodule related.

I try capture image using snipping tools and it work fine, so there is nothing wrong with the windows system. I have also try to change my desktop screen resolution, but the problem still there.

It was working fine this morning, i really have no idea what caused the problem. Going to try it at home with my PC to see if i can recreate the problem.

Hi team I want to perform all actions on running live video but unable to see icons because it requires mouse hover and to put some wait to capture close ,.fwd,backward click please suggest asap

Please provide the commands to control mouse in running video