Can't install RealUser XModule

MacOS 10.14 / Chrome 72.0.3626.96 / Kantu 3.8.8

I tried installing XModule.
FileAccess XModule has succeeded and the status is “Installed” in Settings window. Function can be used normally.
But RealUser XModule is indicated as “Not Installed”.

The following display is displayed at the time of installation.

Installing FileAccess XModule for Kantu…
Native messaging host com.a9t9.kantu.file_access for CHROME has been installed.
Native messaging host com.a9t9.kantu.file_access for FIREFOX has been installed.
FileAccess XModule installed.
Installing RealUser Simulation XModule for Kantu…
Native messaging host com.a9t9.kantu.xy for CHROME has been installed.
Native messaging host com.a9t9.kantu.xy for FIREFOX has been installed.
RealUser XModule Simulation installed.
Installing ComputerVision XModule for Kantu…
Native messaging host com.a9t9.kantu.cv for CHROME has been installed.
Native messaging host com.a9t9.kantu.cv for FIREFOX has been installed.
ComputerVision XModule Simulation installed.
All done. Happy Automation!

What should I do?

Does the status change when you click the “Test it” button?

No, when you press the button, “status updated : Not Installed” is displayed.

Here is another thing to check:

Since the Mojave update macOS has a new security feature. All apps that can control the mouse and keyboard - like the Kantu RealUser XModule - need explicit permissions to do so. To add these permissions, allow Chrome and/or Firefox to control your computer. Since Kantu “lives” inside the browsers, the browsers are the apps that need to be added to the accessibility dialog.

For more details please see Download XModules for enhanced features, Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

The FileAccess XModule does not need these permissions, so that would explain why it works.

I confirmed that Chrome is checked on privacy setting, but the state does not change.
(I turned off and on the check with Chrome not running / was running both, but it did not change.)

It is additional information. This is also the same state.
MacOS 10.13.6 / Firefox 65.0 / Kantu 3.8.7 / XModule V2019-1
(Mac Security configured)

I’d like to upload images automatically. I am very happy if any measures are taken.

I tested again on macOS Mojave 10.14.3 (latest version) and all works fine. As a test, please install the latest Kantu Beta from here, so we can see if the new Computer Vision module is recognized ok.

Thank you for your reply.
I update macOS to 10.14.3 and checked Kantu beta, but the state does not change.
(FileAccess XModule & DesktopAutomation XModule is “Installed”, but RealUser XModule is “Not Installed”.)

I tried opening the Chrome Extension Setting > Kantu(beta) > Validate view > popup.html.
Then, when I pressed the button of RealUser XModule “Test it” in Kantu , an error “Unchecked runtime.lastError: Native host has exited.” was displayed.

Also, I checked XModule Folder ("~Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/NativeMessagingHosts").
There are “com.a9t9.kantu.xy.json” and path “/Users/~~~/Documents/Kantu/kantu-xmodules-mac/kantu-xy-host” also matches in json.

It may be irrelevant, I use OS & Chrome in Japanese (but OS User-name is alphabet only).
I will downgrade Chrome for the time being…

“Unchecked runtime.lastError: Native host has exited.”

Interesting. This means the xmodule file is installed ok, but it crashes when kantu makes the test call - this is the first time I hear about this error :thinking:

OS and Chrome in Japanese… this could be the issue, at least it seems this is the only thing different on your machine and mine. => If you find out more, please let us know. Later I will also do some tests myself.

Question:

Does this happen for the RealUser and the ComputerVision XModule?

I appreciate your help. I will tell you something I knew.

Is “ComputerVision XModule” means “File Access XModule”?
I have not tried yet computer vision input images.
But I can use Storage mode and “csvRead” command, so I think that File Access XModule is fine.

Same problem here.
Mac 10.13.3 (Traditional Chinese)
Chrome 73.0.3683.86
Kantu 4.0.1

Problem fixed.
Using Chinese keyboard input method (Cangjie) -> RealUser XModule status is Not installed.
Using English keyboard input method -> RealUser XModule status is installed.

2 Likes

Thank you so much Billy. I have the same problem and I can confirm it is due to the input method. I filed a bug report here: [Confirmed] "RealUser Simulation XModule is not installed yet" due to non-English input methods

Can you please retest with V5.3.17? We made a few changes to the XModule detection in this update. If this issue still persists, please let us know.

See also Xmodules Windows Installer, Version 2019-8 on firefox do not work - #13 by admin

The Chinese input method is fixed with the V2020-8 XModule update.