A demonstration of Kantu kind of working a slide show, some code, and some questions

here is the video

here is the code

here is the slide show

and here are the questions:

• How to set a sufficient pause for a page to load to perform a screen grab
  • What is the command for ‘return key’ in selenium?
  • When if ever will there be office hours with the dev team for users to do screenshares / debugging? (like the people over at Data Miner)
  • *Where is the library of public Kantu scripts that users have created?
    • If there is not a user library please consider creating one! It is an open source project, yes?

thank you,
Dennis

Thanks again for the useful screencast. Here are my answers:

The screencast was really helpful for understanding this issue, because on my system it works well without any PAUSE. So the answer is:

• The length of the needed PAUSE depends on the page load time
  • Or, if you now some parts of the page in advance (e. g. a logo or so), you can use VisualAssert (image) instead of PAUSE, then it waits “intelligently” until the page is loaded and it finds the image

It’s SendKey | Locator | ${KEY_ENTER}

Test macro:

{
  "CreationDate": "2018-10-8",
  "Commands": [
    {
      "Command": "open",
      "Target": "https://duckduckgo.com/",
      "Value": ""
    },
    {
      "Command": "type",
      "Target": "id=search_form_input_homepage",
      "Value": "kantu"
    },
    {
      "Command": "sendKeys",
      "Target": "id=search_form_input_homepage",
      "Value": "${KEY_ENTER}"
    }
  ]
}

For now there is the forum, but we like the idea of office hours. I am just not sure yet when we can start it, but the idea is now on our todo list :wink:

Our own macros can be found at https://github.com/A9T9/Kantu/tree/master/testmacros - for user submitted Kantu macros the forum is a good place to search and submit. Once there enough of them, we will find a better way to discover them.

[quote=“pleabargain, post:1, topic:706”]
If there is not a user library please consider creating one! It is an open source project, yes?
[/quote

Yep, we are considering it. The challenge is that most macros are very user specific, e. g. a macro that works on website A, does not help a user that wants to automate website B.

But a library for macro code snippets could be useful, e. g. how to handle CSV files etc.