Xmodules not installed in lubuntu 18.04 - Kantu for Chrome/Firefox

Hi.
I have Lubuntu (not ubuntu) 18.04 with last chrome installed with the original deb file and last firefox installed natively from repository.
I use the bash 1install.sh, first without sudo and then, to try, with sudo command but kantu continue to not recognise Xmodule.
If i try to unistall xmodules with an unistall sh file, the message is: File or directory doesn’t exsist.
I watch inside the sh files and i see the path: $HOME/.mozilla/native-messaging-hosts into ad else statements.
Into this path i found the files com.a9t9.kantu.file_access.json and com.a9t9.kantu.xy.json.
This file inside have the link to the path of real kantu-file-access-host and kantu-xy-host files.
I think the installation is correct but kantu continue to not recognise xmodules.

Thanks for this hint. When you run the install script, do you see the success message? This message means that at least the file copy was successful.

Yes i see all the success messages:

Installing FileAccess XModule for Kantu…
Native messaging host com.a9t9.kantu.file_access for CHROME has been installed.
Native messaging host com.a9t9.kantu.file_access for FIREFOX has been installed.
FileAccess XModule installed.
Installing RealUser Simulation XModule for Kantu…
Native messaging host com.a9t9.kantu.xy for CHROME has been installed.
Native messaging host com.a9t9.kantu.xy for FIREFOX has been installed.
RealUser XModule Simulation installed.
All done. Happy Automation!

So?
What i can do now?

I am not sure yet. What I did is to create a ticket to run some tests on Lubuntu, but we had no time for it yet. Until we add Lubuntu support, the best workaround is to use Ubuntu 18.04 for the Kantu automation. It is the officially supported Linux distro.

Hi, I have the same issue under Ubuntu 18.04 and Firefox. ‘bash’ install looks successful, but XModules not istalled when examined inside Kantu Settings.

Thanks for your help,
Rich

The same problem occurs here with a Fedora 29, maybe wayland is not compatible???

I have the same issue on Ubuntu 18.04 with XOrg

Just as another data point: For me, all works ok on the default Ubuntu 18.04 install. And it continues to work fine after 18.10 upgrade.

Here is one thing to check: Our installation guide did not mention that the extracted files extracted must be made executable with chmod +x before they are installed with bash 1install.sh.

If not, then the shell script tells that all is installed, but not Kantu. When the dependencies are made executable, the setup works fine.

1 Like

Ok resolved!
I made executable all files into directory and then i used “bash 1install.sh” and all was ok!
Thanks