More on relationship to Selenium

In answering my question about removing Selenium from Firefox, you linked to your manual section about the relationship between Kantu and Selenium, which says:

When the old Selenium IDE stopped working, we started the Kantu open-source project as new IDE. A few months later, the Sel IDE team started their project.

That seems to say that work on Selenium started a few months after Selenium stopped working. That seems like a contradiction that requires time-travel to begin work on a project that already existed enough to have stopped working.

Surely there’s something I don’t understand about what is written there. Can you clarify?

Good point, I clarified the sentence. There is an old and a new Selenium IDE:

When the old Selenium IDE for Firefox stopped working, we started the Kantu open-source project. The goal was to create a new, modern web automation tool that is compatible with the latest web browsers. We re-implemented all important Selenium IDE commands from scratch. A few months later, the Sel IDE team revived their old Selenium IDE and updated it. So the code base is different. Both are open source but use a different license.

Thank you. If you’ve looked at the StackOverflow answer with my macro code, you might have noticed that I gave some history in the second paragraph. I’ve now edited that based on this information. Please let me know if there’s anything inaccurate there.