Limit of 25 XClick / XType / XMove commands for free Users of Kantu

Hi @admin
I wanted to ask you if you can increase the number of “Macros and test suites can contain up to 25 XClick / XType / XMove commands” to at least 50 for all free users.

It is very restrictive only 25 XClick / XType / XMove commands also because in the test suite the XClick / XType / XMove commands of the single contained macros are added together so if you run 3 macros with 10 XClick / XType / XMove commands each appears the limit and is necessary buy the license.

Imacros 8.9.7 it’s free and supports free a similar function of xclick / xtype is called EVENT and is unlimited you can see it at this page EVENT - iMacros also allows file executions and batch files to be able to control the desktop unlimited and free way (i use this automation on imacros from more years).

If you can, it would be a help for all free users to have at least 50 XClick / XType / XMove commands in the free plan.

I am an old imacros user as I have already written, I respect Kantu very much, but the limit of 25 XClick / XType / XMove commands is very limiting and obliges free user to buy the license.

Think about it, I don’t ask for everything unlimited but a Kantu with fewer limits even for free users, companies will continue to buy it but free users will be able to work better with at least 50 XClick / XType / XMove commands.

I hope you can also help free users to be able to work easily with Kantu.

Thank you

I am also a former iMacros user. Here is my view on it:

• iMacros EVENT command is nice, but it can not be compared to XClick, because it still sends Javascript-level events. I remember that sometimes the event command worked well, and sometimes (other website) not. Xclick always works.

• iMacros 8.9.7 was the best iMacros ever!!! But unfortunately it is dead because it does not work in any modern browser.

• A Kantu PRO license is not expensive at all, and it includes 500 OCR conversions/day, which I use with XClick (ocr=…). iMacros never had such a cool feature.

But if you really do not want (or can) buy a license, here is what I used before getting a license:

=> You can split up your macros in two or more parts and then run one macro after the other via the command line API . Just run macro A (with 25 X commands) and close Kantu with the closeKantu=1 switch. Then then run macro B with another 25 X commands and the continueInLastTab=1 switch. Then run macro C the same way and so on. Macro B will continue where macro A has stopped. Here is some demo code with Powershell. The same can be done from batch file or python.

PS: I still use the kantu command line API heavily for test automation and CI, just no longer for avoiding the the 25X limit :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the useful feedback. Right now we have no plans to change our pricing but I can confirm that the “workaround” from @JYamamoto works. The Kantu API is more powerful than we planned - but this is good and will not change. :smiley:

Thanks to @JYamamoto @admin

Can you better explain this function because it seems to me that it is not possible since once the firefox browser is closed and reopened it deletes all the work already performed by the previous macro. I also tried with testsuite but added all the xclick / xtypes of the single macro contained. Give more details because I don’t understand this function that you are writing me, thanks

about this:
=> You can split up your macros in two or more parts and then run one macro after the other via the command line API 1 . Just run macro A (with 25 X commands) and close Kantu with the closeKantu=1 switch. Then then run macro B with another 25 X commands and the continueInLastTab=1 switch. Then run macro C the same way and so on. Macro B will continue where macro A has stopped. Here is some demo code with Powershell. The same can be done from batch file or python.

PS: I still use the kantu command line API heavily for test automation and CI, just no longer for avoiding the the 25X limit

Can you provided some example and details about this please.

I love Kantu, I did not say that imacros is better, I used imacros for 10 years and started unlimited commands to open batch files that automate the desktop so I am in difficulty between unlimited commands of imacros and only 25 xclick / xtype of Kantu.

With imacro with this script you can start all the software and batch files in an unlimited way (save this code in js and run it and can load unlimited software and batch files to automate everything totally free.
var file = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/file/local;1"]
.createInstance(Components.interfaces.nsILocalFile);
file.initWithPath(“C:\Windows\system32\calc.exe”);
file.launch();

Thanks to all

Hi

This command required firefox closed and if i close firefox i lost the works of first macro and second macro can not continue the works already completed for the first macro because closing firefox all data will be deleted (filled form, checkbox checked, url loaded, select selected).

"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" "file:///D:/test/DemoAutofill1.html?macro=demoframes&cmd_var1=hello%21world&cmd_var2=123&cmd_var3=ABC&direct=1&savelog=logfirefox.txt"

I do not know how to run multiple macro with a working solution really working solution, i do not find nothing about.

Thanks

Yes, you must not close Firefox. For this use

• closeBrowser=0
  • closeKantu=1

See UI Automation Open-Source Selenium IDE plus additional features, iMacros alternative

1 Like

For this use different browser profiles for each instance.

Hi

This solution can’t work because another profile can not continue the works started another profiles, if profile numer 1 have filled 10 forms, when I start the new macro from profile 2 the first 10 forme filled from profiles 1 are empty because before submit need to complete all work in a page.

If I want to complete a survey with 2 macros, when macro 1 finish, macro 2 start but all form are reset and can’t continue.

With different profile cookies, cache are separated and every macro is indipendent and can’t continue the work started another macros.

Actually i do not find any working solution to run multiple macro one after one.

With imacros i used anothe good solution but it’s incompatible with Kantu that have very restrictive limits for free users.

With imacros I can star unlimited macro

iimPlay(“macro1”);
iimPlay(“macro2”);
iimPlay(“macro3”);
iimPlay(“macro100”);
iimPlay(“macro10000”);

It run one after one without any limit.

Kantu have only testsuite but is very limited for free user :cry:

I need to clarify:

My hint was profiles was if you want to run several macros/browsers at the same time. This is not what you want. So you can ignore it.

You can to run several macros one after the other.

With imacros I can star unlimited macro
iimPlay(“macro1”);
iimPlay(“macro2”);
iimPlay(“macro3”);

Yes, and with Kantu you can do the exactly same. But you need a Powershell or Python (or similar) script for it. Example:

$result = PlayAndWait Macro1
$result = PlayAndWait Macro2
$result = PlayAndWait Macro3

You find the full example code here (this is line 74). “PlayAndWait” is a subroutine in the Powershell script that has the details of calling Kantu and waiting for the macro to complete.

HI @JYamamoto

The 25 XClick / XType / XMove commands can’t bypass because there is not command to run macro when browser is open and completed a part of work.

If i have a page with 100 forms that require 100 XClick / XType / XMove commands at 25 kantu stop to work and there is not any solution to continue.

If I run another macro i lost the first 25 form filled from the first macro, because kantu to start again require to close the browser, if a change profile do not serve anything.

This low limit has been imposed to oblige almost all users to buy the license, because it is really very low as limits almost to force everyone to buy the license,

I understand that the company that produces it must earn but could give something more to the free users.
I have been a very skilled user of imacros for 10 years, I can automate everything with imacros, all in 10 years I have never seen 1 site that I can’t automate with Kantu It’s hard because this limit of 25 xclick / xtype is very restrictive and prevents many sites from being automated.

Thanks

If i have a page with 100 forms that require 100 XClick / XType / XMove commands at 25 kantu stop to work and there is not any solution to continue.

There is. I tried to describe it to you. You split this macro in 25 steps each and then use:

$result = PlayAndWait Macro1
$result = PlayAndWait Macro2
$result = PlayAndWait Macro3
$result = PlayAndWait Macro4

You need to play around a bit more with the command line api. If I have time the next days I can record a screencast of how it works for me.

1 Like

8 posts were split to a new topic: How to run macros one after the other from the command line API

Update: Starting with V9.0.6 the free version has unlimited XClick / XType / XMove commands :grinning:

For those seeking enhanced functionality, we offer PRO and Enterprise Editions of our open-source RPA software, featuring direct file storage, update management, and premium priority support.