How to execute a task by importing a csv file

Hello,

I’m new to the Kantu community and also new to the whole coding area. I have some automation tasks i want to do and i want to execute this task from importing it from a csv file. I looked into how to do this and also have read some similar questions about this on the forum but i didnt figured it out yet. So i dont want to do some difficult job but only to execute an automated task by importing a csv file. I tried to import with json and html but after some 40 unsuccesful attempts of importing json and html files i hope to hear a solution this way.

Thanks in advance!

Kevin Odegaard

HI @Kevin_Odegaard

Your question is not clear, you do not understand what you need.

Please attach site, url, csv, details examples of what you would like to do otherwise we cannot help you.

Have a nice day

Hi,

https://app.luondo.nl/
Username:webwinkelutr
Password: djqfm64hAd

After log in, look left, select PRODUCTS, then CATEGORIEEN
When clicking on CATEGORIEEN you see top-right a blue button, with wich you can add categories.

So my question is, because i have a small webshop with products that vary every week, how to automate this adding of categories with help of a csv file because i have to do this every week.

Thanks!

Hi @Kevin_Odegaard

Yes, this is possibile with kantu, I already automated the adding product in woocommerce (ecommerce for wordpress).

I always estract from a csv all info to fill form and update the site.

Kantu is a powerful software, it still has flaws and I hope it will be corrected but overall it’s a very good software.

Have a nice day
Yes your working is possible, you need only to update the csv and run the macro.

In ecommerce usually to have all articles update, i before delete all old articles, after add the availables articles because it’s more hard an antomatic solution to know which items to keep and which items to add new, but there are more solution to apply in this case.

Hi newuser, thanks for your reply but i still dont know how to do this task. I only know how to import the csv file. Not how the process of automation of adding categories work. Or may be i know how to make the csv file but not how to let the Kantu application read it

Hi @Kevin_Odegaard

To create a good and efficient macro need time even a some hours in the most complex cases.

The first thing to do is register a macro with all the commands, then create a csv and then replace the contents of the macro with the csv columns.

Usually I first register a macro and then with the notepad I copy the individual commands into a new notepad to get the new macro dynamic (with the csv columns).

Furthermore, it is often necessary to think about how to achieve something in the best possible way and various tests are required, it is not a job that can be done in a few seconds.

have a nice day

Hi,

Thanks but im not asking to write me a macro. I only want to know how i can get Kantu to read the csv file, that’s all. Not to compose the file but only how to make the app read the file. Hope im clear now :slight_smile:

@Kevin_Odegaard csvRead - Daten-driven Testing

ave it at this, it seems that nobody can explain in simple words how to execute this task, so i’m out. thanks for the eff

Please read carefully the link I have provided and refer to demo macros.

Executing: | csvRead | | |
This is not a valid command.

@Kevin_Odegaard

The csv must be created connected to the macro after you can use the internal variable to extract for your csv info data with {!COL1}, {!COL2} …

Every column must be adapted to the macro otherwise extract incorrect data info from csv…

Start with 1 execution, after you adding a loop but first time create 1 extraction that working well and extract correct data info from csv, after you can add a loop.

hello,

this is all complicated language code to me. I already have tried to say that i’m new in this field, but people keep coming with code language.

I’m just leave it at this, it seems that nobody can explain in simple words how to execute this task, so i’m out. thanks for the effort nonetheless.

lol. Everybody here at some point did not know “code language”. If nobody would read the documentation nobody would knew anything. You either learn, pay or missing out. Sorry.