Click processed, but error displayed (timeout)

I use very simple script (fill text field, click, another click, next iteration).
I generate JSON with simple perl program.
Total hundreds of command in script.

Sometimes after click script freezes, after that timeout occurs, example of error:

• timeout reached when looking for element ‘id=gc-redeem-another-gift-card-link’

It looks very strange because click is processed!!!

I tried both Chromium and Firefox, error is the same.

Kantu version 3.1.8 (chromium) and 3.1.9 (firefox)

There was no such issue several month ago (with Chromium), I’m unsure is it related with Kantu upgrade or browser upgrade.
Is there any way to dowload old Kantu build and do test?

1 Like

Yes => Archive - Ui.Vision RPA Software

Please let us know what you find out. And of course, a macro to recreate the issue would be great to have.

I installed 2.7.1, it works great (using clickAndWait only).
With current version of the Kantu extension I see no difference between click and clickAndWait (in my script), but sometimes it fails.

Part of the script:
{
“Command”: “type”,
“Target”: “id=gc-redemption-input”,
“Value”: “LXZR-Y359GN-Z3QC”
},
{
“Command”: “clickAndWait”,
“Target”: “id=gc-redemption-apply-button”,
“Value”: “”
},
{
“Target”: “id=gc-redeem-another-gift-card-link”,
},
{
“Command”: “type”,
“Target”: “id=gc-redemption-input”,
“Value”: “TWTW-BYLA6M-AY6P”
},
{
“Target”: “id=gc-redemption-apply-button”,
},
{
“Target”: “id=gc-redeem-another-gift-card-link”,
},

I am experiencing the exact same thing with the new update. It didn’t happen before

script ran the command logged out successfully and user is on login page, BUT Script still looking it and stops with the error in color red.

@admin is there any way to resolve it

If you just want to ignore this error use store | true | !errrorignore

Tried a lot of workarounds, with only the following 2 working (with exceptionally huge delays though)

1. Refresh the page immediately after the submit=ok button
  2. Open a new tab (selectwindow | tab=open | https://www.google.com) and close (tab=close) it immediately after the problematic button command

Either ways consistency goes for a toss and delay in my case (where I am using a very busy site) was 11x and 9x respectively for each workaround. Substituting a faster loading site in place of Google neither helped, with the macro becoming less consistent.

Wish there is a solution available in the near future, else I will be forced to resume working on an expensive RPA suite.

Sorry for the late revert. The issue is related to the HTML5 website that I was working on, not ui.vision. The solution is to open the page multiple times in a loop, and then start clicking the ok button in a fresh loop.
Sounds crazy, but that works like a charm, as the component OK button loading was heavily dependent on the website’s traffic.